Assess Your Beliefs Regarding Sex and Sexuality
This is a True/False test to identify your
attitudes, knowledge and feelings. Couples should indicate T or F beside each question
and then discuss.
- Each sexual experience should involve mutual desire and arousal.
- It is crucial for the women to be orgasmic at each sexual encounter.
- Sexually satisfied couples have simultaneous orgasms at least half the time.
- The more intimate the couple, the more erotic the sex is.
- In order to have a satisfying sexual encounter, both people should feel desirous
- The male has to be receptive every time the female initiates sex.
- Each touching experience should proceed to orgasm; if not, “one or both” partners
will feel cheated.
- Fantasying about another person means you want to have an affair.
- After play is only necessary if the women has not been orgasmic.
- Feelings of disappointment or anger must be resolved before being sexual.
- If X% of sexual encounters are dissatisfying or dysfunctional, this signals a major
- If one person wants to use erotic videos or sex toys, this is a sign of a lack of
- As long as you love each other and keep lines of communication open, sex will be
- It’s better if the man is the sexual initiator.
- If you aren’t having sex at least three times a week, you have inhibited sexual
Source: Discovering Your Couple Sexual Style: by Barry W. McCarthy and Emily